DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by:
Volume 3 Issue 1January 01, 2005
- 2004 -- The year that was
The year 2004 brought mixed fare for the disability sector. On one hand was the historic enfranchisement of India's disabled voters. On the other, disabled-unfriendliness still prevails in most spheres. Rama Chari looks at what the year gone by meant for the disability sector in India.
- "Society is guilty if anyone suffers unjustly": Justice V.R. Krishna Iyer
Constructive legislator, forceful crusader, dynamic minister, creative member of the Law Commission, prolific writer of articles and books, Judge, original jurisprudent and contributor of ideas -- Justice V.R. Krishna Iyer speaks to Muthamma Devaya about the past and the future.
- Tsunami disability relief fund set up
N.C.P.E.D.P. has set up a fund for the rehabilitation of disabled people ravaged by the recent tsunami. Join hands with us in our efforts.
- Founder President of DPI- India passes away unsung
We are deeply saddened to report that Dr Pradip Kumar Mallick, Founder President of Disabled Peoples' International-India, has passed away.
- Two posts reserved for disabled people in the Indian Administrative Service
The Centre has informed the Delhi High Court that from next year onwards, two posts have been reserved for disabled persons in the Indian Administrative Service (IAS).
- Ramps in Mumbai High Court
Disabled Rights Group (DRG), Mumbai, has been instrumental in the inauguration of a newly installed ramp at the Bombay High Court.
- A decade on, IEDC resting on enrolment laurels
The Integrated Education for Disabled Children (IEDC) project is now drifting for want of adequate resources and expertise.
- Helpline for mentally disabled people
As a part of ongoing efforts for providing wider access to disabled people, a mental health helpline for mentally disabled people has been inaugurated in Chennai.
- Still in a quest for justice
For a city that boasts of public facilities like metros, malls, public transport systems, complexes, etc, people with disabilities have consistently been getting less favourable treatment in all areas of life in Delhi.
- Disabled friendly Shell outlet in Bangalore
Shell inaugurates a disabled-friendly petrol pump in Bangalore.
- Round Table on employing disabled people in BPO industry
Senior representatives from BPO and software companies attend a Round Table Conference on ‘Employing disabled people in BPO industry: Opportunities and challenges’ in Bangalore.
- Book on unsung heroes released in Bangalore
A new book spells out the recipe for ‘How to change the world – Social entrepreneurs and the power of new ideas’.