DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by:
Volume 2 Issue 10May 15, 2004
- Mall Content
About 5-6% of India's total population has special physical needs. Yet, we fail to include them in our daily lives.
- Scholarships for the talented
Five years ago Rajive Raturi met with an accident that left him visually disabled and changed his life. He discovered how difficult it is to find work when you are disabled. Undaunted, he refused to give up, he tells Prabhleen Ahuja.
- IAS winner awaits his job
Following a high Court judgment in his favour, visually impaired Ravi Arora is still waiting to gain entry into the Civil Service.
- Disability highlighted in education survey
The National Centre for the Promotion of Employment of Disabled People (NCPEDP) is close to completing an in-depth study on disability provision in educational institutions across India.
- Scholarship scheme goes from strength to strength
The NCPEDP-Samsung scholarship awards aim to enable talented students with disabilities gain the education and qualifications they deserve.
- Independents launch joint campaign for good governance
Javed Abidi and Shiv Khera have pledged support for each other in their bid to win independent seats in the constituencies of New Delhi and South Delhi.
- Delhi University makes disabled students undergo medical examination
Physically challenged students have a new hurdle to climb in their attempt to gain admission to Delhi University.
- Delhi authorities claim to ramp up access issue
Following the Supreme Court directive on April 19, Delhi's civic authorities are claiming to be on full alert to ensure ramps are provided at polling stations across the state capital.
- Election Commission fails to fulfil SC order
May 10 was a disappointing day for disabled voters. At many polling booths there were no ramps, no Braille list for the visually impaired, and no separate queues.
- World Thalassaemia Day observed
May 8 was World Thalassaemia Day, an important event for millions of sufferers in India.
- Bus shelters designed with the disabled in mind
Travel woes within Delhi should be eased with the planned introduction of new style bus shelters in the city.
- Voters choose to play safe with big parties
Despite a hard fought campaign in the New Delhi Constituency, appealing to voters to place their trust in the person rather than the party, disabled rights activist Javed Abidi lost out on the day to the big guns.