DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by:
Volume 2 Issue 11June 01, 2004
- Polity and disability
Rarely will a politician talk about the problem faced by six-seven crore disabled, writes Javed Abidi.
- "Awareness is crucial for accurate and timely diagnosis"
Dr Sita Ratna Devi, of Hemophilia Federation India, talks about the organisation and other matters.
- Disabled people in Olympic Torch Relay
On June 10, history will be made as the Olympic Torch is carried through Delhi as part of the first-ever Global Olympic Torch Relay.
- Disabled students exam result
Disabled students showed exemplary performance by getting brilliant scores against the odds.
- RCI publishes list of courses for disability professionals
The Rehabilitation Council of India has introduced a list of courses that can be taken up by students at both undergraduate and postgraduate level, to meet the growing demands of professionals for the disability sector.
- Leprosy patients seek protection of human rights
Leprosy patients face health hazards due to a noxious stench from the dumping ground for animal carcasses, adjacent to their ashram.
- City reeling under severe blood shortage
New Delhi's medical institutions are suffering from a severe shortage of blood and the city's 2,000 thalassaemics are expected to be worst affected by the crisis.
- Advances in prevention of blindness for glaucoma
About 50 leading ophthalmologists from India and abroad took part in a symposium on the latest development in detection and treatment of glaucoma in Chandigarh.
- HFI Project extended
The Haemophilia Federation India (HFI) has been given a three-year extension for its ongoing project Living with Haemophilia in India.
- Airtel launches services for hearing impaired
Mobile phone service provider Airtel has launched the confidence plan for its hearing impaired users.
- Mumbai teenager given chance to see again
On May 14 in Mumbai, a group of eye surgeons from the Singapore National Eye Centre (SNEC) and a dental team from the National Dental Centre completed the first stage of a first of its kind operation in Southeast Asia.
- Pulse Polio campaign
Thousands of children up to the age of five were administered polio drops under the Pulse Polio Immunisation Programme.