DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by:
Volume 2 Issue 16August 15, 2004
- Campaign for inclusive education launched
NCPEDP launched an awareness campaign on Inclusive Education on the 57th anniversary of India's Independence. Focussing attention on the difficulties and obstacles faced by disabled students in India, the campaign aims to increase such students' access to institutions of higher learning, says Anjali Sen Gupta.
- Breaking down barriers
Together, Anjlee Agarwal and Sanjeev Sachdev have taken up the cause of unhindered mobility, transforming their motto "Let's make the World Accessible" into reality through Samarthya (capability), a Delhi-based centre that promotes barrier-free environments for disabled people, they tell Madhu Mishra Jassal.
- Education Audit shows up lack of facilities for students with disabilities
An education audit carried out by National Centre For the Promotion of Employment for Disabled People has drawn attention to the appalling lack of facilities for students with disabilities.
- Ministry told to refile dyslexia affidavit
The Delhi court has asked the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment to file a "better affidavit" as it was not satisfied with Centre's stand on dyslexia.
- NCPEDP celebrates Independence Day with the launch of its inclusive education campaign
On August 15, as the nation celebrated its 57th Independence Day, an inclusive education campaign was launched by National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People.
- 72 days of dharna; Government yet to take action
It has been almost three months since the parents of children with mental disabilities began their protest against the exclusion of any allowances for the mentally disabled students in the state budget, writes Anu Bhambhani.
- Physically disabled boy fights for the right to study
Mohammad Irshad Alam, a 17-year-old physically disabled student, has filed a petition in Guwahati High Court after being refused admission to Assam's Jorhat Engineering College, despite having cleared the joint admission test.
- CAG says government not meeting targets for employment
Assessing the government's claims regarding measures adopted to improve the welfare of disabled people, the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG) slammed instances of poor management of funds, depriving disabled people of opportunities for economic rehabilitation.
- DNIS - the way forward
A one-day review meeting for Disability News and Information Service (DNIS) was held on August 10 in New Delhi.
- DPI meeting discusses strategy
The Executive Committee of Disabled Peoples' International (DPI) India met on August 10 in New Delhi. The action plan for the year 2004-2005 was presented during the meeting and members finalised the concept note on DPI (India).
- Government to notify welfare schemes for the disabled students by October
Welfare schemes for disabled students across the country are about to be provided by the Central government, nearly eight years after the passing of the Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act in 1995.
- Incentives policy meeting organised
A one-day meeting to review the 'Draft Incentives Policy to promote employment opportunities for disabled people in corporate sector in India' was held on August 11 in New Delhi.