DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by:
Volume 3 Issue 2January 15, 2005
- Post-tsunami rehabilitation through the lens of disability
Early on the morning of December 26, 2004, as the world was preparing for the New Year, a deadly wave, described as the “worst human tragedy in decades”, shattered thousands of lives -- killing over 1,58,000 people, leaving many more injured, displaced and family-less. Anjali Sen Gupta wonders if aid is actually reaching disabled survivors of the tsunami.
- "Disabled people's needs differ very little from their non-disabledcommunity members"
Persons with disabilities are amongst those that are particularly vulnerable to and following disasters.This has been brought forcefully in the wake of the tsunami. Alana Officer, Director for Handicap International's programmes in India, talks to Chitra S. Shankar about relief and rehabilitation for disabled people.
- End discrimination in Civil Services
A press conference on January 13 spreads awareness about discrimination against disabled people in Civil Services.
- Haryana government makes provisions for its visually impaired voters
In a significant move, the Haryana government is ensuring that visually impaired voters can vote in February. Will the Bihar and Jharkhand governments follow suit?
- Louise Braille remembered
Louise Braille, the inventor of the embossed reading and writing system for blind persons, is honoured on his 196th birth aniversary.
- Special charter to protect rights of disabled women
Government asked to draw up a special charter to protect the rights of disabled women.
- Campaign for disabled people's recruitment in public service: Survey
Study reveals dismal state of employment of disabled people.
- NCW investigates disabled women's rights
NCW reports on the status of rights of disabled women.
- NHRC sets example with ramps
After advising others on the need to create facilities for the disabled at public places, the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) has finally shown it practises what it preaches.
- Self Help Advocacy Group inaugurated
New SHA Group promotes inclusion of disabled persons into mainstream society.
- Chennai group dances to music of silence
Astad Deboo and his troupe will perform at the 20th Annual Deaf Olympics.
- Disabled people to get prostheses in February
Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment promises prostheses in February.