DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
- Concept Note (76 KB)
- Nomination Form - Corporates / Organisations (78 KB)
- Nomination Form – Individual (80 KB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (11.4 MB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awards 2012
New Disability Law
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by:
Volume 2 Issue 21November 01, 2004
- The disability sector as business partner
Affirmative action has paved the way in South Africa for the disability sector to become a shareholder, writes Jens Lund-Nielsen, development worker, DSI - The Danish Council of Organisations of Disabled People, in South Africa.
- "We want our transport system to be defined in just one word: Inclusive"
Geetam Tiwari talks to Anne-Marie Prayas about her experiences as a traffic designer in Delhi, and her role in the nascent High Capacity Bus System.
- Arjun Singh sets up working group
The Minister for Human Resource Development, Arjun Singh, has constituted a Working Group to prepare an action plan on making education inclusive.
- Supreme Court issues notice on non-implementation of Section 43 of PWD Act
The Supreme Court asks States and UTs to respond to a PIL that promises to be a significant development for the disability sector.
- NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Award winners for 2004 announced
This year's NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Award winners have been announced.
- Ministry of Finance clarifies Income Tax issue
The Ministry of Finance clarifies doubts regarding income tax concessions available to disabled people.
- Significant step in establishing dyslexia as 'disability'
The Delhi High Court takes a significant step forward in establishing dyslexia as a disability within the purview of the Persons with Disability Act.
- Vishwas: Self-employment opportunities in Rajasthan
The Rajasthan government has instituted new schemes under which cooperative banks will give loans to promote self-employment among disabled people.
- Indian disability films selected for Moscow film festival
Two Indian films have been selected for the Second International Film Festival on Disability in Moscow.
- Indian traffic system inching towards disabled-friendliness
Traffic design in Indian cities may soon witness a new approach - sensitivity to the needs of differently abled users.
- Physical disability adds to woes of Kutch earthquake victims
An ICMR survey reveals that physical disability is one of the major causes for rising psychological disorders among Kutch quake victims.
- Conquering disability, conquering hearts
Over 45 children with severe disabilities hold the audience in thrall in an ASTHA play.