DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by:
Volume 2 Issue 23December 01, 2004
- Specialisterne: From unique skills to unique results
Specialisterne ("the Specialists") makes use of the characteristics of autism in a positive way by solving important IT tasks for the corporate sector on normal job market terms.
- From charity to self-advocacy: The emergence of disability rights movement in India
Meenu Bhambhani has finished probably the first-of-its-kind-study in India. Her thesis, titled ‘From charity to self-advocacy: The emergence of disability rights movement in India ', analyses the emergence of a self-representing disability rights movement as a crucial factor towards changes in self-perception and group affiliations of disabled persons in India. She talks about her study and the factors that led, irrevocably, to her pursuing this path in life.
- DRG unveils blueprint for rights of disabled citizens
As the countdown to World Disability Day begins, DRG presents a ‘Blueprint for Ensuring the Rights of Disabled Citizens in India' to Dr. Manmohan Singh, Prime Minister of India, and Ms. Sonia Gandhi, Chairperson, United Progressive Alliance.
- SC rejects plea of blind people
The Supreme Court argues that reservation in Parliament, legislative assemblies or local bodies is not a Fundamental Right for visually challenged persons.
- NHRC Chairman objects to term 'able bodied person' in proposed National Employment Guarantee Act
The NHRC Chairman urges the government to delete the reference to 'able bodied person' while drafting the proposed Act and to make appropriate provisions for employment of persons with disability.
- Barrier-free attitude sets an example for accessibility
The RCI shows how easy it is to be accessible, with the inauguration of its disabled-friendly building as well as website.
- Third CavinKare Ability awards announced
CavinKare and Ability Foundation announce the 3rd CavinKare Ability Awards for achievers with disability.
- International arena for disabled sportspersons expanding
Live video conference organised between USA Paralympics and disabled Indian sportspersons.
- Magiktuch concert for visually impaired people a grand success
Visually impaired singers enchant Delhi audience.
- Indian NGO helps disabled children move into the mainstream
A voluntary organisation brings physically and mentally disabled children together with their non-disabled counterparts for a five-day talent show.
- Local scientist writing software for Prof Hawking
An ex-I.I.T. alumni is helping Prof Hawking improve the software that he currently uses to communicate, read and write.
- Resource Centre bridges information gap
A Disability Information Resource Centre will make various kinds of information available to disabled people through a dedicated helpline.