DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
New Disability Law
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by:
Volume 2 Issue 24December 15, 2004
- Celebrating art and ability
A week-long festival, featuring events around the theme of 'Inclusion', marked this year’s World Disability Day celebrations organised by NCPEDP.
- "If you do not move fast enough, you will be run over"
C. Antony Samy talks about his life-long passion in the rehabilitation of persons with disabilities.
- UN Convention on Rights of Disabled People concludes final stage
The UN is well on its way to creating a legally binding framework for promoting the rights of the world’s 600 million disabled people.
- President Kalam announces speech applet for visually impaired people
The Rashtrapati Bhavan is working on a speech applet that will allow disabled people to access the Internet via a speech interface.
- Search on for new CCPD
DRG writes to the Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment, urging care and due process in the selection of a new CCPD.
- Helen Keller awards presented
The 6th NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awards ceremony was organised in New Delhi on December 2.
- Let's Walk to Freedom!
Over 10,000 people from across India come to India Gate to celebrate World Disability Day.
- Disability and Law workshop organised in Cochin
The Kerala State Disability and Law Workshop, on December 12 in Cochin, discusses information dissemination and awareness building.
- ITF promotes Indian wheelchair tennis
On World Disability Day, ITF adds India to its list of Silver Fund countries.
- Disability still dogs Bhopal gas survivors
Even 20 years after the Bhopal Gas Tragedy, instances of disability among the survivors are still being found.
- Breaking down barriers
Disha's new building in Jaipur sets an example in universal accessibility.
- Land mines are a major cause of disability
Landmines do not only kill; they also maim and disable people for life.