DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by:
Volume 2 Issue 24December 15, 2004
- Celebrating art and ability
A week-long festival, featuring events around the theme of 'Inclusion', marked this year’s World Disability Day celebrations organised by NCPEDP.
- "If you do not move fast enough, you will be run over"
C. Antony Samy talks about his life-long passion in the rehabilitation of persons with disabilities.
- UN Convention on Rights of Disabled People concludes final stage
The UN is well on its way to creating a legally binding framework for promoting the rights of the world’s 600 million disabled people.
- President Kalam announces speech applet for visually impaired people
The Rashtrapati Bhavan is working on a speech applet that will allow disabled people to access the Internet via a speech interface.
- Search on for new CCPD
DRG writes to the Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment, urging care and due process in the selection of a new CCPD.
- Helen Keller awards presented
The 6th NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awards ceremony was organised in New Delhi on December 2.
- Let's Walk to Freedom!
Over 10,000 people from across India come to India Gate to celebrate World Disability Day.
- Disability and Law workshop organised in Cochin
The Kerala State Disability and Law Workshop, on December 12 in Cochin, discusses information dissemination and awareness building.
- ITF promotes Indian wheelchair tennis
On World Disability Day, ITF adds India to its list of Silver Fund countries.
- Disability still dogs Bhopal gas survivors
Even 20 years after the Bhopal Gas Tragedy, instances of disability among the survivors are still being found.
- Breaking down barriers
Disha's new building in Jaipur sets an example in universal accessibility.
- Land mines are a major cause of disability
Landmines do not only kill; they also maim and disable people for life.