DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by:
Volume 3 Issue 5March 01, 2005
- Inclusive education: A vision come true?
Due to a path-breaking initiative being taken by Arjun Singh, Minister for Human Resource Development, a comprehensive plan on inclusive education is underway. Chitra S. Shankar examines the recent developments.
- “The word ‘impossible’ is not in my dictionary”
Declaring the recently held election process in the State as “illegal”, Haryana’s Commissioner for Persons with disabilities, Mohan Singh Ahluwalia, resigned from his post, on February 15, as a mark of protest. Anjali Sen Gupta catches up with the 27-year-old ex-Commissioner to get his side of the story.
- DRG opposes people chosen for three key disability posts
Over the past few months, the disability sector has expressed deep unhappiness regarding the process of selection for the Head, of the three key bodies.
- Arjun Singh plans to introduce bill for education of disabled children
Due to the Minister's initiative, the disability sector is hopeful of new horizons opening in the field of education in India.
- Disabled candidate wins Panchayat election in Chattisgarh
A young, disabled Sarpanch takes charge of work.
- IFS to now include disability quota
This year has its share of good news: the Indian Foreign Service is also open to disabled candidates.
- Dwarfism now recognised as ‘disability’
In a landmark judgement, the Andhra Pradesh High Court has ruled that dwarfism is a locomotor/orthopaedic disability.
- Union and Railway Budgets disappoint
Union and Railway Budgets disappointThe latest Union and Railway Budgets have caused deep disappointment among the disability sector.
- Disabled PCO owners in Andhra Pradesh protest slash in rates
Revision of BSNL call rates spell doom for PCO owners in the State.
- Study reveals domestic violence against disabled women in Orissa
A Swabhiman study reveals shocking abuse amongst disabled women.
- Jagjit Singh sings for mental health
Ghazal maestro sings a new tune for mental health.
- Disabled rights champion, Lal Advani, passes away
Lal Advani, a pioneer in the field of disability rehabilitation in India , passed away on 1 March, at the age of 82.