DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by:
Volume 3 Issue 6March 15, 2005
- Ramp or no ramp, Lalu Prasad Yadav and P. Chidambaram have romped home
The concerns of disabled people need a massive boost, and the recent Union and Railway Budgets could have addressed the gaps. However, this did not happen. A review by our correspondent.
- “Public-spirited persons should file petitions and point out violations”
The pace of reforms may be slow, but there is a discernible change in the attitude of people regarding the rights of disabled people. A beginning has been made, says Justice A.K. Sikri, Judge in the Delhi High Court, in conversation with Rama Chari and Anjali Sen Gupta.
- Appointments for all three key disability posts put on hold
Taking cognisance of the strong protest lodged by the D.R.G., the government is doing a rethink regarding appointments for three key disability posts.
- How inclusive are ‘inclusive’ schools?
The issue of inclusive education was recently debated in the Capital.
- Special police cell for hearing and speech impaired in Bhopal
A 'Special Cell for Deaf and Dumb Persons' has been set up by the police department in Bhopal.
- Punjab to provide free legal services to disabled persons
Free legal services to mentally and physically disabled persons on the anvil.
- State-level workshop on ‘Disability and Law’ organised in Manipur
DLU workshop provides a chance to understand the ground realities in the State.
- C.B.S.E. lets down visually disabled students appearing for Board exams
Visually impaired students face unsatisfactory arrangements at exam centres.
- Disabled-friendly transport derailed before it can take off?
Bandied about as innovative disabled-friendly transport, the H.C.B.S. is yet to materialise.
- N.D.M.C. to build a disabled-friendly Delhi
N.D.M.C. takes what might be the first steps to make Delhi barrier-free for disabled citizens.
- Planning for disabled-friendly services
N.C.P.E.D.P. submits M.o.U. to Standing Committees on Urban Development and Sports.
- CavinKare Awards for disabled people
Four individuals honoured for their contribution to society.