DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
- Concept Note (76 KB)
- Nomination Form - Corporates / Organisations (78 KB)
- Nomination Form – Individual (80 KB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (11.4 MB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awards 2012
New Disability Law
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by:
Volume 3 Issue 6March 15, 2005
- Ramp or no ramp, Lalu Prasad Yadav and P. Chidambaram have romped home
The concerns of disabled people need a massive boost, and the recent Union and Railway Budgets could have addressed the gaps. However, this did not happen. A review by our correspondent.
- “Public-spirited persons should file petitions and point out violations”
The pace of reforms may be slow, but there is a discernible change in the attitude of people regarding the rights of disabled people. A beginning has been made, says Justice A.K. Sikri, Judge in the Delhi High Court, in conversation with Rama Chari and Anjali Sen Gupta.
- Appointments for all three key disability posts put on hold
Taking cognisance of the strong protest lodged by the D.R.G., the government is doing a rethink regarding appointments for three key disability posts.
- How inclusive are ‘inclusive’ schools?
The issue of inclusive education was recently debated in the Capital.
- Special police cell for hearing and speech impaired in Bhopal
A 'Special Cell for Deaf and Dumb Persons' has been set up by the police department in Bhopal.
- Punjab to provide free legal services to disabled persons
Free legal services to mentally and physically disabled persons on the anvil.
- State-level workshop on ‘Disability and Law’ organised in Manipur
DLU workshop provides a chance to understand the ground realities in the State.
- C.B.S.E. lets down visually disabled students appearing for Board exams
Visually impaired students face unsatisfactory arrangements at exam centres.
- Disabled-friendly transport derailed before it can take off?
Bandied about as innovative disabled-friendly transport, the H.C.B.S. is yet to materialise.
- N.D.M.C. to build a disabled-friendly Delhi
N.D.M.C. takes what might be the first steps to make Delhi barrier-free for disabled citizens.
- Planning for disabled-friendly services
N.C.P.E.D.P. submits M.o.U. to Standing Committees on Urban Development and Sports.
- CavinKare Awards for disabled people
Four individuals honoured for their contribution to society.