Volume 1 Issue 1 - December 25, 2011
Centre sets up National Commission for Disabled PersonsDNIS News Network – The central government has decided to set up National Commission for Disabled People to address the needs of disabled population of India.
It is part of Prime Minister’s new initiatives for social justice for the underprivileged and disabled people.
It has also been one of the crucial demands of the Disabled Rights Group (DRG), a non-political rights-based organisation working in the area of disability.
Another major demand of DRG was to shift the office of the Chief Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities from Noida to Central Delhi. This demand has also been met. The office is in the process of being shifted to Sarojini Bhawan, 6 Bhagwan Das Road, New Delhi –110001.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
New Disability Law
- Delhi to become barrier free by 2008
- NCPEDP bags Samsung DigitAll Hope award
- 43 students get scholarship for higher education
- Disabled students to get 3 per cent reservation in medical schools
- Cars get cheaper for disabled owners
- Heritage monuments to become disabled friendly
- Centre sets up National Commission for Disabled Persons
- Karnataka to formulate disability policy
- Multiple disabled people can avail double I-T deduction
- Project to address disability rights
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: