Volume 1 Issue 1 - December 25, 2011
Project to address disability rightsDNIS News network - National Human Rights Commission (NHRC), Canadian Human Rights Commission (CHRC) and Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) have come together to fight for the rights of disabled people.
The three organisations have signed a Memorandum of Understanding to address issues related to discrimination, marginalisation and exclusion of people with disabilities by mobilising lawyers, disability rights and human rights activists, reports The Indian Express.
A proposal has been made for creating three separate manuals for lawyers, disability rights activists and academicians. The first manual is believed to look into the relevance of existing Indian laws. The second manual is likely to deal with complaints and existing redressal mechanisms. The third manual is likely to provide a guide on international norms and standards, according to the report.
While the project will be jointly managed by NHRC and CHRC, IGNOU will be the nodal agency for executing the project as the fund manager, says the newspaper report.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Delhi to become barrier free by 2008
- NCPEDP bags Samsung DigitAll Hope award
- 43 students get scholarship for higher education
- Disabled students to get 3 per cent reservation in medical schools
- Cars get cheaper for disabled owners
- Heritage monuments to become disabled friendly
- Centre sets up National Commission for Disabled Persons
- Karnataka to formulate disability policy
- Multiple disabled people can avail double I-T deduction
- Project to address disability rights
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: