Volume 2 Issue 1 - January 01, 2004
A barrier-free environment in the new year
DNIS News Network -- The RCI will draw out a manual, which will detail the concept of a barrier-free environment for persons with disabilities.
The Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI) is planning to bring out a manual which will detail issues like how to use a wheelchair, crutches, white cane, and low-vision glasses as well as how to assist persons with disabilities. It will also deal with architectural and design considerations for roads, toilets, lifts, door entrances and information boards.
Based on the manual, RCI also plans to organise a three- to five-day training programme for professionals to highlight issues of accessibility.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- VSO to tap Indian talent
- "The whole exercise is a sham!"
- Government aid needed to eradicate polio from the country
- Rajiv Gandhi Foundation: Working towards a disabled friendly city
- High-capacity buses to be a reality soon
- President to provide hope for the hearing impaired
- Law fails to protect human rights of mentally challenged prisoner
- A barrier-free environment in the new year
- Pitiable state of mental health in our country
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: