Volume 3 Issue 1 - January 01, 2005
Founder President of DPI- India passes away unsung
DNIS News Network - We are deeply saddened to report that Dr Pradip Kumar Mallick, Founder President of Disabled Peoples' International-India, has passed away.
We are deeply saddened to report that Dr Pradip Kumar Mallick, Founder President
of Disabled Peoples’ International-India (DPI-India), and former Deputy
Director of National Institute of Orthpoaedically Handicapped (NIOH), passed
away in Kolkata, after a short ailment, on October 23.
The DPI’s major aim has been the full participation of all disabled people in the mainstream of life, particularly those in developing countries who form the vast majority of the world's 600 million disabled people. One very historic moment for DPI was January of 1997, when DPI's Regional Training Seminar was organised in New Delhi, India, and the meeting of the Regional Council was also hosted. Disabled Peoples’ International (DPI) is a global organisation, headquartered in Canada, with National Assemblies in 135 countries.
The news of Dr Mallick’s demise was reported to DNIS by DPI-Asia Pacific in Bangkok. It is very unfortunate that the demise of a senior disability leader went unreported in India, where he served the sector for several years. We offer our deepest condolences to his family and pray that his soul rest in peace.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Tsunami disability relief fund set up
- Founder President of DPI- India passes away unsung
- Two posts reserved for disabled people in the Indian Administrative Service
- Ramps in Mumbai High Court
- A decade on, IEDC resting on enrolment laurels
- Helpline for mentally disabled people
- Still in a quest for justice
- Disabled friendly Shell outlet in Bangalore
- Round Table on employing disabled people in BPO industry
- Book on unsung heroes released in Bangalore
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: