Volume 7 Issue 1 - January 01, 2010
U.K. Foreign Secretary cites N.C.P.E.D.P. Project
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: It’s another feather in the cap for National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People (N.C.P.E.D.P.)! Recently one of its projects undertaken in collaboration with the British High Commission found a mention in U.K. Foreign Secretary, David Miliband's speech on the occasion of the World Disability Day.
The three-year project entitled, “Mainstreaming Disability in the National Agenda – Policy to Practice”, is focussed on 5 key areas of health, employment, accessibility, information technology and rural development. As part of this project, N.C.P.E.D.P. has come up with the Draft National Policy on Electronic Accessibility, currently being finalised by the Ministry of Information Technology and the Proposed Revisions to the Access Guidelines in the National Building Code.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
New Disability Law
- Cabinet approves bill to amend Right to Education Act
- Copyright Act to be amended
- User Interface is the theme for Techshare 2010
- Access not legally binding, feels Urban Development Joint Secretary!
- Sports scheme for disabled people to be implemented only in ‘special schools’!
- Centre does a U-turn. Deaf persons cannot drive!
- U.S. issues positive statement at W.I.P.O.
- North Zone Consultation on New Disability Act in January
- U.K. Foreign Secretary cites N.C.P.E.D.P. Project
- U.G.C. to fill up posts reserved for disabled people by the end of financial year
- Kendriya Vidyalayas to recruit special education teachers
- Rights group observes International Fortnight against Violence on Women
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: