Volume 7 Issue 1 - January 01, 2010
User Interface is the theme for Techshare 2010
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: If electronic accessibility is a concept that is new to India, user interface is a concept which is unheard of. The scenario looks likely to change with Techshare 2010 deciding to keep the theme centred on ‘User Interface’. The two-day conference cum exhibition will be held on February 15 and 16, 2010 in New Delhi and will have international delegates speaking on user interface of different technologies such as websites, mobiles, kiosks, A.T.M.s. etc.
User interface varies from one person to another depending upon the disability of the person. For example, the user interface of an A.T.M. for a visually impaired person should give a sound output. For a hearing impaired person, if there is an error and the A.T.M. machine gives a beep, it should also be written on the screen as ‘error encountered’.
The conference cum exhibition will display international work, products and research from the digital assistive technology industry. The ‘Experience Zone’ at Techshare India 2010 will provide an opportunity to not only see but experience different assistive devices and technologies that will be demonstrated by people with disabilities.
Techshare India is an international conference aiming to provide an opportunity to the government, corporates, N.G.O.s., educators and disabled people to bridge barriers with an inclusive perspective. The main objectives of the conference are to accelerate consciousness about accessibility, offering a platform for knowledge sharing and to extend the use of assistive technology.
To register for Techshare India 2010 and for further details, please click on the logo below:
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Cabinet approves bill to amend Right to Education Act
- Copyright Act to be amended
- User Interface is the theme for Techshare 2010
- Access not legally binding, feels Urban Development Joint Secretary!
- Sports scheme for disabled people to be implemented only in ‘special schools’!
- Centre does a U-turn. Deaf persons cannot drive!
- U.S. issues positive statement at W.I.P.O.
- North Zone Consultation on New Disability Act in January
- U.K. Foreign Secretary cites N.C.P.E.D.P. Project
- U.G.C. to fill up posts reserved for disabled people by the end of financial year
- Kendriya Vidyalayas to recruit special education teachers
- Rights group observes International Fortnight against Violence on Women
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: