Volume 8 Issue 1 - January 01, 2011
P.C.I. holidays at GuangzhouD.N.I.S. News Network, India: Paralympic Committee of India (P.C.I.) has yet again invited trouble. The committee already under a severe cloud of ‘corruption’ and ‘mismanagement’ travelled to Guangzhou for the Para Asian Games 2010 with as many as 21 officials who had nothing to do with disability sports.
These extra persons included P.C.I. President’s grandson, Raghavendra Singh; P.C.I. Treasurer’s wife, Lalitha Iyer and M.L.A. Ashwath Narayan. They even got to stay at the Games Village as a part of the Indian contingent!
As P.C.I. officials and their relatives and friends holidayed, several disabled athletes could not even get their kit on time.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Draft Mental Health Care Bill
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
New Disability Law
- “Certain vested interests are spreading the rumour that I am demanding abolition of the National Trust,” Javed Abidi
- D.R.G. members protest outside Wasnik’s residence
- Consultation on U.N.C.R.P.D., draft Mental Health Care Act and the draft new Disability Act held
- Another glaring episode of blatant discrimination in the Civil Services
- M.S.J.E. embarrassed on employment data once again!
- India strikes Gold in Para Asian Games
- P.C.I. holidays at Guangzhou
- Paralympic athlete left stranded at Delhi airport
- Awareness about Disability Law dismal
- R.T.E. impact: Rajasthan sets up resource centres for disabled children
- Army dedicates 2011 to its disabled personnel
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: