Volume 8 Issue 1 - January 01, 2011
Army dedicates 2011 to its disabled personnelD.N.I.S. News Network, India: The Indian Army will observe 2011 as the year for its personnel who have been rendered disabled while serving the nation. Army Chief General V. K. Singh announced this at a function to honour war widows and disabled personnel in New Delhi.
During the year, Army would pay attention to issues concerning its disabled personnel and will launch a number of programmes and schemes for their welfare. “We are working out programmes under which we will give attention to all our disabled. It is not that we don't do it now, but for one year we want to concentrate only on this particular aspect,” said General Singh.
The Army Chief and his wife Bharati Singh, who is the president of the Army Wives Welfare Association, presented specially modified scooters to 14 disabled soldiers at the function.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- “Certain vested interests are spreading the rumour that I am demanding abolition of the National Trust,” Javed Abidi
- D.R.G. members protest outside Wasnik’s residence
- Consultation on U.N.C.R.P.D., draft Mental Health Care Act and the draft new Disability Act held
- Another glaring episode of blatant discrimination in the Civil Services
- M.S.J.E. embarrassed on employment data once again!
- India strikes Gold in Para Asian Games
- P.C.I. holidays at Guangzhou
- Paralympic athlete left stranded at Delhi airport
- Awareness about Disability Law dismal
- R.T.E. impact: Rajasthan sets up resource centres for disabled children
- Army dedicates 2011 to its disabled personnel
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: