Volume 2 Issue 10 - May 15, 2004
Scholarship scheme goes from strength to strength
DNIS News Network -- The NCPEDP-Samsung scholarship awards aim to enable talented students with disabilities gain the education and qualifications they deserve.
Applications have been flooding in to the selection office for close consideration. And with the wealth of talent out there, the decision is never easy. With the extended closing date of June 20 fast approaching, more than 200 applications have so far been received, with more arriving every day from hopeful students across India. The prize for a successful applicant is one of a total 90 one-year grants worth Rs 1,200 month.
Previous research by NCPEDP found that when disabled students had to give up their studies it was more often because of financial considerations than any complication concerning their disability. Therefore, the scholarship scheme was set up to address a real need of disabled students by helping to relieve the financial burden of continued studies.
The successful candidates for this year's awards will be notified by the end of July. And for everyone else, there is always next year.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- IAS winner awaits his job
- Disability highlighted in education survey
- Scholarship scheme goes from strength to strength
- Independents launch joint campaign for good governance
- Delhi University makes disabled students undergo medical examination
- Delhi authorities claim to ramp up access issue
- Election Commission fails to fulfil SC order
- World Thalassaemia Day observed
- Bus shelters designed with the disabled in mind
- Voters choose to play safe with big parties
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: