Volume 6 Issue 10 - November 01, 2009
U.G.C. directs Universities to implement Disability Act 1995
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: It may be 15 odd years behind schedule, but the University Grants Commission (U.G.C.) has finally directed all Universities to submit an action report on the measures adopted to implement the Disability Act of 1995.
The recommendations primarily relate to making the Universities and their affiliated institutions barrier free within a reasonable time frame ( 2 years for Universities and 3 years for individual colleges and institutions), besides ensuring facilities like Braille and audio books for visually impaired students and sign language interpreters for students with hearing impairment.
U.G.C. has also directed each State University to get at least one of its affiliated colleges to set up a department for Disability Studies to undertake issues concerning disabled people.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- The ‘C.A.T.’ is belled!
- 4th Meeting of N.C.R.P.D. – India held
- Minister promises amendments to N.R.E.G.A.
- U.G.C. directs Universities to implement Disability Act 1995
- Efforts to connect disability certificate to Unique Identification Number
- Badhte Kadam: A National Trust Initiative
- National Conference on I.C.T.s for people with disabilities
- N.C.P.E.D.P. releases 5 baseline reports
- Government’s commitments to disabled people largely unfulfilled: World Bank
- Corruption mars tricycle P.C.O. scheme for disabled people
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: