Volume 6 Issue 10 - November 01, 2009
Badhte Kadam: A National Trust Initiative
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: In an effort to create awareness on U.N. Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (U.N.C.R.P.D.), provide understanding of disabilities and to celebrate diversity, the National Trust has taken up an initiative called Badhte Kadam.
The event is scheduled from November 14 till November 30. Four teams will be flagged off from Delhi in different directions. Each team consisting of six members will travel by road and will stop at different locations and conduct awareness campaigns with the help of local N.G.O. partners. The campaign will include a mobile exhibition, some presentations, local entertainment and will cover 13 states and 60 locations.
The teams will return to Delhi on November 30, in time for a media splash just before World Disability Day on December 3.
For further information and to get involved, please contact Mike Rosenkrantz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- The ‘C.A.T.’ is belled!
- 4th Meeting of N.C.R.P.D. – India held
- Minister promises amendments to N.R.E.G.A.
- U.G.C. directs Universities to implement Disability Act 1995
- Efforts to connect disability certificate to Unique Identification Number
- Badhte Kadam: A National Trust Initiative
- National Conference on I.C.T.s for people with disabilities
- N.C.P.E.D.P. releases 5 baseline reports
- Government’s commitments to disabled people largely unfulfilled: World Bank
- Corruption mars tricycle P.C.O. scheme for disabled people
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: