Volume 6 Issue 10 - November 01, 2009
National Conference on I.C.T.s for people with disabilities
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: The Centre for Internet and Society (C.I.S.), in collaboration with Loyola College and the Department of Information Technology, Government of India, are organizing a 3 day National level Conference on the use of Information and Communication Technology (I.C.T.) for people with disabilities in education, employment and entrepreneurship in Chennai from December 1.
The main objective of the conference is to provide opportunities to people with disabilities for using I.C.T. at par with others. The focus would be on the various problems faced by disabled people with respect to education and the use of I.C.T. for development and tools of language learning. The Conference would also strive to devise important decisions and strategies that could be implemented in order to help disabled people use I.C.T. for employment.
To learn more on the event, visit http://www.cis-india.org/events/workshop-for-web-developers -on -web-accessibility
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
- Concept Note (76 KB)
- Nomination Form - Corporates / Organisations (78 KB)
- Nomination Form – Individual (80 KB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (11.4 MB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awards 2012
New Disability Law
- The ‘C.A.T.’ is belled!
- 4th Meeting of N.C.R.P.D. – India held
- Minister promises amendments to N.R.E.G.A.
- U.G.C. directs Universities to implement Disability Act 1995
- Efforts to connect disability certificate to Unique Identification Number
- Badhte Kadam: A National Trust Initiative
- National Conference on I.C.T.s for people with disabilities
- N.C.P.E.D.P. releases 5 baseline reports
- Government’s commitments to disabled people largely unfulfilled: World Bank
- Corruption mars tricycle P.C.O. scheme for disabled people
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: