Volume 6 Issue 10 - November 01, 2009
N.C.P.E.D.P. releases 5 baseline reports
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: 2007 was a year of landmark developments for the disability sector. India ratified U.N.C.R.P.D. and the XIth Five Year Plan carried a whole chapter on disability. However, 2 years since then, both remain just on paper.
N.C.P.E.D.P. in association with Diversity and Equal Opportunity Centre, Bengaluru carried out 5 baseline studies on the current status of the policies and schemes for people with disabilities in the area of health, employment, accessibility, communication and information technology and rural development.
This was part of a three year project called “Mainstreaming of Disability in the National Agenda – Policy to Practice” that N.C.P.E.D.P. is working on in partnership with the British High Commission.
The objective of the studies was to review existing policies and schemes on physical infrastructure facilities that could and should affect the lives of people with disabilities and to analyse their impact with respect to the actual needs of disabled people. The studies also reviewed the budgetary allocations and their utilisation, and listed out emerging concerns and basic recommendations for further consideration by policy makers.
For more information, write to firstname.lastname@example.orgBaseline Report on Access (PDF - 191KB) (PDF file that opens in a new window)
Baseline Report on Employment (PDF - 193 KB) (PDF file that opens in a new window)
Baseline Report on Health (PDF - 167 KB) (PDF file that opens in a new window)
Baseline Report on Information Technology (PDF - 161 KB) (PDF file that opens in a new window)
Baseline Report on Rural India (PDF - 203 KB) (PDF file that opens in a new window)
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- The ‘C.A.T.’ is belled!
- 4th Meeting of N.C.R.P.D. – India held
- Minister promises amendments to N.R.E.G.A.
- U.G.C. directs Universities to implement Disability Act 1995
- Efforts to connect disability certificate to Unique Identification Number
- Badhte Kadam: A National Trust Initiative
- National Conference on I.C.T.s for people with disabilities
- N.C.P.E.D.P. releases 5 baseline reports
- Government’s commitments to disabled people largely unfulfilled: World Bank
- Corruption mars tricycle P.C.O. scheme for disabled people
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: