Volume 7 Issue 10 - May 15, 2010
Census 2011: Guidelines for Enumerators on the question on disability
Javed Abidi and Census Commissioner, Dr. C. Chandramouli
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: After submitting the recommended question on disability to the Census Commission, National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People (N.C.P.E.D.P.) has now finished work on the proposed guidelines for enumerators on the question on disability that will go into the Instruction Manual for Census 2011 Enumerators.
N.C.P.E.D.P. had commissioned this task to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Centre, who contacted noted experts from across disabilities. The first draft was then circulated widely to the disability sector leadership. After incorporating their feedback, the final draft has now been submitted to the Census Commission.
When Javed Abidi, Honorary Director, N.C.P.E.D.P. had met Census Commissioner, Dr. C. Chandramouli on February 1, the Census Commissioner had requested for help with the proposed question on disability as well as the draft guidelines for the Census Enumerators. Dr. Chandramouli then repeated this request to the disability sector at large when he inaugurated the Round Table on Disability and Census 2011 on March 15.
The proposals made by N.C.P.E.D.P. on behalf of the Indian disability sector will now be placed before Census Commission’s Technical Advisory Committee and then only, a final decision will be taken.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
- Concept Note (76 KB)
- Nomination Form - Corporates / Organisations (78 KB)
- Nomination Form – Individual (80 KB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (11.4 MB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awards 2012
New Disability Law
- “Awareness that disabled persons are not handicapped, and can perform just as well as anyone else has to grow in society,” Mehul Choksi
- M.S.J.E. finally concedes to D.R.G.’s demand for a new law!
- Committee to draft New Disability Act: M.S.J.E. stumbles, yet again
- First meeting of Committee on New Disability Act on June 10
- Census 2011: Guidelines for Enumerators on the question on disability
- Incentive scheme for private sector falls flat, second year in a row!
- New Access Guidelines likely to be adopted as standards by B.I.S.
- I.L.O. to develop Global Business and Disability Network
- 30 disabled students clear U.P.S.C. exam
- Bombay High Court overrides Maharashtra rules, grants permission to blind student to write entrance exam
- All historical monuments in the country to be made disabled friendly
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: