Volume 7 Issue 10 - May 15, 2010
New Access Guidelines likely to be adopted as standards by B.I.S.
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: October 14 is World Standards Day and this year the theme is ‘Accessibility’. Keeping this in mind, the Bureau of Indian Standards (B.I.S.) is planning to “adopt” the new access guidelines being drafted by the Ministry of Urban Development.
A Sub-Group formed by the Ministry has been drafting a new set of guidelines to replace the 3 existing access guidelines. The deadline for completing the draft was end of May. However, the Sub – Group has missed that deadline. The current target that the Group is hoping to meet is June end.Members of the Sub – Group include A.K. Saini and Sanjay Pant of B.I.S.; Papiya Sarkar of Central Public Works Department (C.P.W.D.); M.L. Chotani of Association of Municipalities and Development Authorities (A.M.D.A.); and Shivani Gupta of AccessAbility.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- “Awareness that disabled persons are not handicapped, and can perform just as well as anyone else has to grow in society,” Mehul Choksi
- M.S.J.E. finally concedes to D.R.G.’s demand for a new law!
- Committee to draft New Disability Act: M.S.J.E. stumbles, yet again
- First meeting of Committee on New Disability Act on June 10
- Census 2011: Guidelines for Enumerators on the question on disability
- Incentive scheme for private sector falls flat, second year in a row!
- New Access Guidelines likely to be adopted as standards by B.I.S.
- I.L.O. to develop Global Business and Disability Network
- 30 disabled students clear U.P.S.C. exam
- Bombay High Court overrides Maharashtra rules, grants permission to blind student to write entrance exam
- All historical monuments in the country to be made disabled friendly
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: