Volume 7 Issue 10 - May 15, 2010
I.L.O. to develop Global Business and Disability Network
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: Geneva based, Debra Perry, of the International Labour Organization (I.L.O.) visited National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People (N.C.P.E.D.P.) on May 12.
Perry, a Senior Specialist in the Disability Skills and Employability Department of I.L.O. met with N.C.P.E.D.P. Honorary Director, Javed Abidi specifically to discuss their proposal of developing a Global Business and Disability Network, comprising employers’ organizations, private sector businesses, multi-national companies, disability networks and N.G.O.s.
Through this proposed network, I.L.O. hopes to meet the needs of network members and address diversity issues and disability. At the meeting, Abidi briefed her about the employment scenario in India vis-à-vis disabled people and about some of the initiatives undertaken thus far by C.I.I., F.I.C.C.I., various T.A.T.A. companies, I.B.M., Wipro, etc.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- “Awareness that disabled persons are not handicapped, and can perform just as well as anyone else has to grow in society,” Mehul Choksi
- M.S.J.E. finally concedes to D.R.G.’s demand for a new law!
- Committee to draft New Disability Act: M.S.J.E. stumbles, yet again
- First meeting of Committee on New Disability Act on June 10
- Census 2011: Guidelines for Enumerators on the question on disability
- Incentive scheme for private sector falls flat, second year in a row!
- New Access Guidelines likely to be adopted as standards by B.I.S.
- I.L.O. to develop Global Business and Disability Network
- 30 disabled students clear U.P.S.C. exam
- Bombay High Court overrides Maharashtra rules, grants permission to blind student to write entrance exam
- All historical monuments in the country to be made disabled friendly
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: