Volume 7 Issue 10 - May 15, 2010
30 disabled students clear U.P.S.C. exam
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: There is a silent revolution that is taking place in India. The number of disabled Civil Servants in the country is slowly but surely going up.
This year, out of the 875 candidates who cleared the Union Public Service Commission (U.P.S.C.) exams, as many as 30 belong to the disabled community. Of them, fourteen are orthopaedically disabled, five are visually impaired and eleven are hearing impaired. These candidates will be appointed to several prestigious Civil Services in the time ahead.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- “Awareness that disabled persons are not handicapped, and can perform just as well as anyone else has to grow in society,” Mehul Choksi
- M.S.J.E. finally concedes to D.R.G.’s demand for a new law!
- Committee to draft New Disability Act: M.S.J.E. stumbles, yet again
- First meeting of Committee on New Disability Act on June 10
- Census 2011: Guidelines for Enumerators on the question on disability
- Incentive scheme for private sector falls flat, second year in a row!
- New Access Guidelines likely to be adopted as standards by B.I.S.
- I.L.O. to develop Global Business and Disability Network
- 30 disabled students clear U.P.S.C. exam
- Bombay High Court overrides Maharashtra rules, grants permission to blind student to write entrance exam
- All historical monuments in the country to be made disabled friendly
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: