Volume 2 Issue 11 - June 01, 2004
Disabled students exam result
DNIS News Network -- Disabled students showed exemplary performance by getting brilliant scores against the odds.
Malvika Iyer, 15, a gritty fighter braved her way against odds and scored 483 out of 500 in the Std X examination -- conducted by Tamil Nadu State Board for school examination. Malvika lost both her hands when she was playing with a grenade she found in the military area. She also suffered multiple fractures of her backs and legs besides her hands. She had to undergo long surgical procedures and was fitted with German made artificial arms. She took the exams privately and scored a perfect centum in mathematics and science.
Garima Goel, 17, is a hearing impaired girl who worked hard to overcome her disability to score 78.2% in the Std XII examination conducted by CBSE. Integrated education has helped her improve on her performance. She got tremendous encouragement from her school, MCL Saraswati Bal Mandir and the NGO Suniye, which encouraged her parents to put her in a normal a school
S. Subba Rao scored 80% marks in his Std XII examination conducted by CBSE. Notwithstanding his visual disability, Subba succeeded with the support of the National Association for Blind, in Delhi.
Other disabled students who gained top results were ASN Senior Secondary School's Mohd. Nizmat; JPM Senior Secondary School's Naveen Kumar Gautam; Convent of Jesus and Mary's Nikita Aggarwal; and Amity International School's Srikant Banerjee.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Disabled people in Olympic Torch Relay
- Disabled students exam result
- RCI publishes list of courses for disability professionals
- Leprosy patients seek protection of human rights
- City reeling under severe blood shortage
- Advances in prevention of blindness for glaucoma
- HFI Project extended
- Airtel launches services for hearing impaired
- Mumbai teenager given chance to see again
- Pulse Polio campaign
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: