Volume 6 Issue 11 - November 15, 2009
N.C.P.E.D.P. Chairperson receives Japan’s highest civilian honour
Dr. V. Krishnamurthy receiving the Award from Emperor Akihito
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: Dr. V. Krishnamurthy, Chairperson of the National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People (N.C.P.E.D.P.) was awarded ‘The Grand Cordon of the Order of the Rising Sun’ in Tokyo, by His Majesty, Akihito, Emperor of Japan, for his outstanding contribution in promoting bilateral economic relations between Japan and India on November 5.
Established in 1875, The Orders of the Rising Sun are classified into six ranks and were Japan’s first awards bestowed upon people (both Japanese and foreign) in recognition of their distinguished accomplishments.
Dr. Krishnamurthy is a name that needs no introduction. A Padma Shri, Padma Bhushan and Padma Vibhushan recipient, he has several other prestigious awards to his name. Dr. Krishnamurthy is currently Chairman, National Manufacturing Competitiveness Council, besides being a Member of various important committees constituted by the Government of India.
He has held many key positions in the past as Member, Planning Commission; Secretary, Ministry of Industry; Chairman and C.E.O., Maruti Udyog, B.H.E.L. and S.A.I.L. and has in the past represented India in various international forums and bilateral negotiations.
He took over charge as Chairperson of N.C.P.E.D.P. from Sonia Gandhi in 2003.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- N.C.P.E.D.P. Chairperson receives Japan’s highest civilian honour
- 11th N.C.P.E.D.P. Shell Helen Keller Awards announced
- ‘No to Amendments! Yes to New Law!!’ is the war cry for World Disability Day 2009
- Accessibility knowledge series launched
- Ministry fixes no technical criteria for conducting access audits!
- Military schools debar disabled children
- Doctors ditch camp meant to disburse disability certificates
- U.N. resolution to align M.D.G.s towards disability issues
- Shameful discrimination against disabled people
- Demand for audio description of Bollywood films on the rise
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: