Volume 9 Issue 11 - August 15, 2012
Disabled soldiers to get pensionD.N.I.S. News Network, India: A Chandigarh branch of the military tribunal did away with an earlier rule that allowed soldiers to have disability pension only if their careers got cut short. Now, soldiers can avail a disability pension even if they continue to be in the service. This ruling will apply to all those who acquired a disability on or after January 1, 1996.
The tribunal referred to a Supreme Court ruling on the same subject, Capt. K.J.S. Brar vs Union of India, while delivering this judgement.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Draft Mental Health Care Bill
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
New Disability Law
- Mukul Wasnik gives away the 3rd NCPEDP-MphasiS Universal Design Awards
- National Centre for Universal Design to be made a reality in the next 3 months
- Nominations invited for 14th N.C.P.E.D.P.-Shell Helen Keller Awards
- Applications invited for the post of Chairperson, National Trust
- Committee drafting R.T.E. guidelines on disability has no disabled member!
- U.N. report seeks strengthening of C.C.P.D. office, private sector accountability
- H.R.D. Ministry forms Task Force on Disability
- ‘Blind’ people employed under N.R.E.G.A. found to be non-disabled, says study
- Odisha to reserve 3 percent contractual jobs for disabled people
- Disabled soldiers to get pension
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: