Volume 2 Issue 12 - June 15, 2004
Disability features in President's address
DNIS News Network - The newly elected Congress government laid out its main concerns and ambitions in the Presidents Address to the nation. It was heartening to see that disability merited a mention alongside the more usual topics such as the economy, taxation and public spending.
While the section on disability was but a small section of a long speech, it represents significant progress for India's disability movement that the subject was mentioned at all.
The historic section was worded as follows:
"The government will initiate special measures to ensure that the disabled get equal opportunities and are in a position to meaningfully contribute to the task of nation-building."
It is now the responsibility of all of us involved in the championing of disability rights in India to ensure that the government keeps its promise. DNIS and NCPEDP fully intend to remind the government of its words at every opportunity and encourage all their partners to do the same.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Finance minister meets disability group
- Disabled torch bearers show Olympic spirit
- NCPEDP awards deadline approaches
- Equality issues in the UK
- Bangalore offers rehab courses at a distance
- Disability features in President's address
- DU access still a problem
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: