Volume 3 Issue 14 - July 15, 2005
South Zone Partners commit to strengthen National Disability Network
DNIS News Network – National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People (N.C.P.E.D.P.) in association with Vidya Sagar, Chennai, organised the South Zone Partners’ Meet in Chennai on 10 July, 2005. The Meet was attended by thirty National Disability Network (N.D.N.) State and District Partners from Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Pondicherry.
The Partners’ Meet was organised with a view to discuss the issues concerning various States and Union Territories and to create a Zonal Plan for N.D.N. in the South Zone. The objective of the meeting was also to discuss ways to not only strengthen the Network but also to expand its reach to all the districts of the South Zone.
All the Partners present reiterated their commitment to keep the Network alive and shared views on their successes and also discussed the difficulties they face in achieving the goals of N.D.N. While Andhra Pradesh had made leaps in not only expanding the network but also in converging disability with other social movements as in Dalit Rights, Tribals, Fishermen, Naxalite Movement and thus set example for others, Karnataka, despite at one time being the disability capital had only one representative. The non-availability of information and other material in local languages was highlighted as a key difficulty in disseminating information at the local level.
An attempt was also made to gauge Partners’ receptivity to the idea of a Separate Ministry for Disability Affairs. It appeared that a majority of them were in favour of a Separate Ministry.
The meeting ended with all the Partners submitting their Action Plan for the next one year.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
- Concept Note (76 KB)
- Nomination Form - Corporates / Organisations (78 KB)
- Nomination Form – Individual (80 KB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (11.4 MB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awards 2012
New Disability Law
- Disability activist Javed Abidi nominated to Central Advisory Board of Education (C.A.B.E.)
- Ministry of Social Justice makes mockery of selection process of National Trust’s Chairperson
- Disabled invitees stranded at Social Justice Ministry’s event
- Petroleum Minister summons GAIL CMD on illegal terminations of four disabled employees
- National Policy for Persons with Disabilities to be announced soon: Meira Kumar
- Pioneering effort to reach disabled people in Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- N.C.P.E.D.P. calls for changes in Draft Delhi Master Plan to make Capital disabled friendly
- New strands of polio virus found in India and Indonesia
- Disability sector meeting in Mumbai focusses on failure to implement The Disability Act
- National Urban Transport Policy to come up for Cabinet discussion
- EC fails to make Goa bye-poll disabled-friendly; Disability groups may file contempt
- D.U. fails again; Number of disabled applicants much below total quota seats
- Huge costs for parents of disabled children: U.K. Study
- South Zone Partners commit to strengthen National Disability Network
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: