Volume 4 Issue 14 - July 15, 2006
Family insurance scheme for disability caused due to mishap
D.N.I.S. News Network – The Haryana Government recently launched a family insurance scheme for residents of the state, which provides cover to victims in case of accident or injury resulting in physical disability.
Bona fide residents of Haryana, aged between 18 and 60, can enjoy the benefits of the scheme. Concerned officials stated that the scheme would be implemented by the Social Welfare Department, with the Sub-Divisional Magistrate (S.D.M.) as the nodal officer.
In case of death or total disability of a person in an accident, the Government will pay an amount of Rs. 1 lakh to the kin of the deceased or to the victim. The loss of two limbs or both eyes, or one limb and one eye make the victim eligible for a compensation of Rs. 50,000. If a person loses one limb or one eye in the mishap, the amount will be limited to Rs. 25,000.
As already mentioned, the beneficiary should be a resident of the state holding a valid ration card, and should figure in the voters’ list.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Memorandum known as Delhi Declaration submitted to P.M.
- “Mental illness will not be removed from Disability Act”: Subbulakshmi Jegadeesan
- New Code of Conduct to encourage firms to employ disabled people in Sri Lanka
- Haryana, a role model for inclusive education
- Student develops ‘Braille Face’ for the visually impaired
- Family insurance scheme for disability caused due to mishap
- Haryana Government enhances unemployment allowance for the disabled
- D.U. to bring M.A. application fee for blind on par with S.C./S.T.s
- D.U. to strive for ‘inclusive’ campus; Ropes in N.G.O. to conduct access audit
- Sensors implanted in brain help paralysed man use thoughts to move cursor
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: