Volume 3 Issue 16 - August 15, 2005
Confederation of Indian Industry to soon unveil its Disability Policy
D.N.I.S. News Network – The Confederation of Indian Industry (C.I.I.)¸ India’s premier business association with a direct membership of over 5,300 companies, will soon come out with a Disability Policy for its member companies to generate awareness and suggest an approach on disability, including employment opportunities.
According to a senior C.I.I. official, the policy will be unveiled soon. It will spell out in detail the Confederation’s perspective towards disability. An announcement of the policy could be as early as the next week, but no date has been fixed as yet.
C.I.I. had earlier constituted a Core Group with representation from the industry, non-governmental organisations and media to spearhead awareness and action required for creating a disabled-friendly environment. A new Core Group is also in the process of being setup, the official added.
The Confederation’s focus areas on the issue of disability are:
awareness and sensitisation in the work place and the community.
Making work places and public places accessible for disabled people.
Promoting employment of disabled people.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Draft Mental Health Care Bill
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
New Disability Law
- N.C.P.E.D.P Launches National Campaign for Barrier-Free India
- Confederation of Indian Industry to soon unveil its Disability Policy
- H.C. seeks report from D.U. on steps taken to make structures accessible
- Public Sector Bank employees with disability cannot be transferred: H.C.
- G.A.I.L. C.M.D. threatens D.R.G. with criminal action
- A.P. Court rejects bar set by M.C.I. for admission to M.B.B.S. under disability quota
- India ‘least inclusive’ among Asian nations: Disability survey
- Despite immunisation drives, Rajasthan and other States report fresh polio cases
- British media accuses Teresa’s nuns of tying up children with mental disabilities
- Visit by American disability activist highlights inefficacy in implementation of India’s disability
- Third Regional Consultative Meeting at Kolkata to forge roadmap for Inclusive Education
- North-East and East Zone Partners’ Meet held in Kolkata
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: