Volume 3 Issue 16 - August 15, 2005
Public Sector Bank employees with disability cannot be transferred: H.C.
D.N.I.S. News Service - In a significant move, the Delhi High Court has issued a directive exempting public sector bank employees with at least 40 per cent disability from routine transfers and has added even in most special cases the transfer should be in or around the employee’s hometown.
A bench of Chief Justice B.C. Patel and Justice Sanjay Kishan Kaul made these observations while hearing a petition by V.K. Bhasin, an employee of State Bank of Patiala, who was disabled in a road accident.
After a number of surgical procedures and being bed-ridden for over 10 months, Bhasin re-joined the bank in Dehradun in 1997. Three years later he was served Transfer Order to proceed to Varanasi, which he objected to on the ground of his disability.
The bank, however, asked him to produce a medical certificate stating that he could not travel, but the Chief Medical Officer of Dehradun turned down the request for the certificate. Incidentally, the bank didn’t even permit him to opt for the Voluntary Retirement Scheme. Three years later, Bhasin approached the Delhi High Court but failed to get any relief from the Court as his medical certificate stated his disability to be only 28 per cent.
Following this, Bhasin challenged the certificate itself and claimed that procedures were not followed. Later, doctors at Delhi’s Ram Manohar Lohia hopsital examined him three times and found him to be 40 per cent disabled.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- N.C.P.E.D.P Launches National Campaign for Barrier-Free India
- Confederation of Indian Industry to soon unveil its Disability Policy
- H.C. seeks report from D.U. on steps taken to make structures accessible
- Public Sector Bank employees with disability cannot be transferred: H.C.
- G.A.I.L. C.M.D. threatens D.R.G. with criminal action
- A.P. Court rejects bar set by M.C.I. for admission to M.B.B.S. under disability quota
- India ‘least inclusive’ among Asian nations: Disability survey
- Despite immunisation drives, Rajasthan and other States report fresh polio cases
- British media accuses Teresa’s nuns of tying up children with mental disabilities
- Visit by American disability activist highlights inefficacy in implementation of India’s disability
- Third Regional Consultative Meeting at Kolkata to forge roadmap for Inclusive Education
- North-East and East Zone Partners’ Meet held in Kolkata
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: