Volume 3 Issue 17 - September 01, 2005
Disabled people in Uttar Pradesh can now avail loans up to 20 lakh
D.N.I.S. News Network - After over nine years of tussle between National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation (N.H.F.D.C.), run by Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment-run, and successive Uttar Pradesh Governments, the two seem to have reached an agreement and plan to sign a Memorandum of Understanding (M.o.U.) by the end of this month.
Following the M.o.U. Uttar Pradesh Government’s Finance Department will disburse loans, sourced by N.H.F.D.C., ranging from Rs. 50,000 to 20 lakh to disabled people for higher studies and setting up of enterprises.
For close to a decade the stumbling block between the State Government and the Corporation was formers’ refusal to accept the terms and conditions for availing loans for sponsoring people with disabilities in the State.
Rakesh Garg, Executive Director of N.H.F.D.C., told media that in the past two months several high-levels meetings were held with the Chief Secretary to thrash out fresh terms and conditions for the agreement. The State Government has now agreed to issue one-crore guarantee against the loans issued by the Corporation.
N.H.F.D.C. was set up in 1997. It is registered under Section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956, as a company not for profit. It is wholly owned by the Government of India and has an authorised share capital of Rs. 400 crores. A Board of Directors nominated by Government of India manage the company.
The Corporation’s loan schemes are currently underway in 13 States, and 22,000 disabled people have been given Rs. 95 crores as loans. States have also been providing Rs. 10,000 to 20,000 for setting up shops through funds given by the Corporation.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Draft Mental Health Care Bill
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
New Disability Law
- Aloka Guha out of the race for the post of Chairperson, National Trust
- Delhi Chief Minister calls for launching freedom movement for barrier-free India
- Victim of systemic neglect, C.C.P.D. without a head for over a year now!
- Hundreds of people with visual impairment court arrest in Delhi over their demands
- Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship offers vital data to map educational status of disabled people
- People with visual impairment cannot be barred from appearing for Bank P.O. Exam: S.C.
- Another polio case reported from Uttar Pradesh, W.H.O. questions efficacy of immunisation drives
- Disabled people in Uttar Pradesh can now avail loans up to 20 lakh
- Orissa college agrees to extend age bar and 3% reservation for disabled students
- Five Andhra disability NGO’s implicated for abuse of funds
- Haryana earmarks Rs. 57 lakh to build ramps in 950 schools, plans resource centres at block-level
- Disability Law Unit’s team discovers shocking violation of disability rights in Kerala
- Freedom on wheels! Rajiv Gandhi Foundation distributes three-wheelers to disabled people
- Aishwarya to campaign for polio eradication programme in Pakistan
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: