Volume 3 Issue 17 - September 01, 2005
Haryana earmarks Rs. 57 lakh to build ramps in 950 schools, plans resource centres at block-level
D.N.I.S. News Network – The Haryana Government has announced a plan to provide ramps in schools and separate resource rooms at the headquarters of each block for disabled school children, according to State’s Education Minister Phool Chand Mullana.
Stating this on 13 August, the Education Minister said the ramps would be constructed in 950 schools by this yearend and Rs. 57 lakh has been earmarked for the purpose. Medical check-up of all children from Class I to VIII is also proposed.
Speaking at a press conference, he said that 31,907 children with different kinds of disabilities had been identified. To meet their educational needs, 418 teachers from 10 districts had been given special training during the summer vacation. Teachers of the remaining districts would be given similar training during the winter vacation.
Three Integrated Education Model Schools had been set up during the year in Mahendragarh, Sirsa and Kaithal Districts. Three such schools would be set up in the Districts of Jind, Bhiwani and Fatehabad shortly.
For the first time a medical check-up of all children from Class I to VIII would be conducted. About 20 lakh children would be medically examined under this special programme and those with disabilities would be provided with aids and appliances.
He said 116 resource rooms, one at the headquarters of each block, would be set up and provided with equipment for physiotherapy and rehabilitation.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Aloka Guha out of the race for the post of Chairperson, National Trust
- Delhi Chief Minister calls for launching freedom movement for barrier-free India
- Victim of systemic neglect, C.C.P.D. without a head for over a year now!
- Hundreds of people with visual impairment court arrest in Delhi over their demands
- Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship offers vital data to map educational status of disabled people
- People with visual impairment cannot be barred from appearing for Bank P.O. Exam: S.C.
- Another polio case reported from Uttar Pradesh, W.H.O. questions efficacy of immunisation drives
- Disabled people in Uttar Pradesh can now avail loans up to 20 lakh
- Orissa college agrees to extend age bar and 3% reservation for disabled students
- Five Andhra disability NGO’s implicated for abuse of funds
- Haryana earmarks Rs. 57 lakh to build ramps in 950 schools, plans resource centres at block-level
- Disability Law Unit’s team discovers shocking violation of disability rights in Kerala
- Freedom on wheels! Rajiv Gandhi Foundation distributes three-wheelers to disabled people
- Aishwarya to campaign for polio eradication programme in Pakistan
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: