Volume 4 Issue 17 - September 01, 2006
Delhi University to open multi-purpose Resource Centre in Braille
D.N.I.S. News Network - Delhi University will soon open a multi-purpose Resource Centre with a variety of study materials in Braille format and special studios which will transform text messages in audio cassettes. Braille production, talking book production and electronic text production will be the three focus points for the Centre. This development will provide the much needed facility for over 400 visually-challenged students and faculty.
This Centre will be opened in Central Reference Library. The existing Braille library which had a limited reach will now be extensive. The text material will be converted into audio form with the aid of talking software.
The technically advanced recording studios will convert audio cassettes containing reading and reference material into text format. This will be edited by a group of experts and then it will be transformed into Braille format. The translated reading material will also be available in print form with the aid of Braille printer and copies and will be forwarded to visually impaired students. Both students and faculty members will decide about the types of reference material they would like to refer to, before the audio cassettes get transformed to text messages and later in Braille.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- History created - Convention on the rights of persons with disabilities adopted
- Government will provide care to the disabled: P.M
- Union Health Minister admits India will miss polio eradication target
- Vaccine fails; 160 new cases of polio in U.P.
- A ray of hope for Haemophilics - Health Ministry to set up P.F.U.
- Theme for World Sight Day 2006 is Low Vision
- Madras High Court Chief Justice calls for removal of lacunae in Disability Act
- Workshops held in Ranchi and Rajgir to sensitise P.A.C.S. partners
- Paralysed I.M.A. ex-cadet gets relief after 11 long years
- Delhi University to open multi-purpose Resource Centre in Braille
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: