Volume 2 Issue 18 - September 15, 2004
The missing link in reservations
DNIS News Network - The UPA government has formed a group of ministers (GoM) panel on "affirmative action" to take ahead its proposal of extending job reservations to the private sector.
The GoM has been assigned to hold talks with industry and to examine all dimensions of the issue of affirmative action, including reservations.
Agriculture minister Sharad Pawar will head the panel, which includes aggressive stalwarts of reservation politics, such as railway minister Lalu Prasad, steel minister Ram Vilas Paswan, Communications minister Dayanidhi Maran.
While the proposal talks about reservation for Schedule Castes and Schedule tribes it does not make any mention of reservations for disabled people. It is up to the disability sector to ensure that this oversight is amended before the proposal becomes law.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Shocking statistics unveiled regarding 'Education scenario vis-à-vis disabled people'
- Expanding horizons
- Only 20 disabled beneficiaries in Delhi in the last five years
- The missing link in reservations
- Campaign ahead of elections
- Employment audit conducted
- NHRC focuses on plight of mentally ill prisoners
- Indian Oil Corporation scholarship scheme announced
- Supporting ability
- Law students learn about disability
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: