Volume 2 Issue 18 - September 15, 2004
Indian Oil Corporation scholarship scheme announced
DNIS News Network - Disabled students can benefit from the latest scholarship scheme announced by Indian Oil Corporation Limited.
The scheme provides scholarship to students selected on "merit-cum-means" criteria as part of the company's commitment to uplift the economically weaker sections of the society.
A total of 350 scholarships, 10 per cent of which are reserved for students with disabilities, are being offered this year. The aim is to support and nurture talented students so as to enable them to accomplish their academic goals. The scholarships apply to courses in ITI, Engineering, MBBS and MBA. A total of 100 scholarships will be awarded to students pursuing 1st year of Engineering, MBBS and MBA courses on national merit basis.
Various provisions have been made for disabled students in the scheme. Whereas the age limit in the general category is 30 years old, for students with disabilities it has been extended to 40. In addition, the minimum qualifying marks for general applicants is 65 percent, but 50 per cent for disabled students.
The last date for submission of application forms is September 30. For details and a scholarship application form, visit www.iocl.com.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Draft Mental Health Care Bill
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
New Disability Law
- Shocking statistics unveiled regarding 'Education scenario vis-à-vis disabled people'
- Expanding horizons
- Only 20 disabled beneficiaries in Delhi in the last five years
- The missing link in reservations
- Campaign ahead of elections
- Employment audit conducted
- NHRC focuses on plight of mentally ill prisoners
- Indian Oil Corporation scholarship scheme announced
- Supporting ability
- Law students learn about disability
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: