Volume 3 Issue 18 - September 15, 2005
Delhi H.C. orders disabled boy to be given admission and fee remission in a mainstream public school
D.N.I.S. News Network – The Delhi High Court has directed Universal Public School to allow admission to a disabled student, who was being neglected in pre-nursery classroom, as his teachers were finding it difficult to “interact with the student,” under a freeship quota.
In the Order, which came in form of a suggestion, Justice Vikramjit Sen asked the school authorities to allow three-year-old Adesh Aggarwal a remission in the fee, as is slated for students with economically weaker background.
The School Authorities immediately agreed to comply with the Court’s suggestion and allowed admission to the boy with a request that his parents would also arrange for a full-time attendant.
According to the school’s Advocate, R. K. Varshey, the boy’s parents had applied for his admission to the pre-nursery class about nine months back. “The school admitted the child but, probably showed unwillingness to continue to teach him since he was disabled,” a news daily quoted him as saying.
The boy’s parents later filed a petition through Advocate A. K. Tripathi before the High Court, based on which the Court summoned the Principal of the school, who told the Court the school did not have any objections in allowing an admission to him but the teachers found it tough to interact with the child as he could not “inform her about his needs and requirements.”
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Appointment of Manoj Kumar as C.C.P.D, bolt from the blue for the disability sector
- Red-tape scuttles S.R.K. show in aid of N.C.P.E.D.P’s National Campaign for Barrier-Free India
- H. C. gives three weeks to Goa Govt. to work out timeframe for implementation of Disability Act
- Kerala’s people with dwarfism demand benefits and reservation under Disability Act
- Another victim of Hindu Marriage Act’s provision that allows divorce on grounds of leprosy
- Delhi H.C. orders disabled boy to be given admission and fee remission in a mainstream public school
- Indian Administrative Services probationers sensitised on disability issues
- Pioneering State Resource Centre for people with disabilities in Chennai
- Vietnam to introduce disabled-friendly mass public transport system
- Seven disabled-friendly foot-over bridges to come up in Delhi: N.D.M.C.
- Kanpur Teenager invents a device to allow drivers to ride two-wheelers by using only legs
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: