Volume 3 Issue 18 - September 15, 2005
Seven disabled-friendly foot-over bridges to come up in Delhi: N.D.M.C.
D.N.I.S News Network – The New Delhi Municipal Corporation (N.D.M.C.) has announced an ambitious plan to construct as many as seven disabled-friendly foot-over bridges in a years’ time.
In a recent announcement, the Corporation said, the proposal for construction of these foot-over bridges was cleared at a meeting of the senior N.D.M.C. officials.
The areas identified for the bridges are Delhi Haat in I.N.A. market, U.P.S.C. office on Shajahan Road, Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, St. Thomas School on Mandir Marg, Baba Khadag Singh Marg, Safadarjung Airport and Sarojini Market.
These sites were shortlisted based upon the intensity of traffic and the safety conditions prevailing. Most of the areas where government offices are located have no traffic signals; as a result, there is a constant and uninterrupted traffic movement leaving pedestrians, disabled people in particular, vulnerable to fatal accidents.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Appointment of Manoj Kumar as C.C.P.D, bolt from the blue for the disability sector
- Red-tape scuttles S.R.K. show in aid of N.C.P.E.D.P’s National Campaign for Barrier-Free India
- H. C. gives three weeks to Goa Govt. to work out timeframe for implementation of Disability Act
- Kerala’s people with dwarfism demand benefits and reservation under Disability Act
- Another victim of Hindu Marriage Act’s provision that allows divorce on grounds of leprosy
- Delhi H.C. orders disabled boy to be given admission and fee remission in a mainstream public school
- Indian Administrative Services probationers sensitised on disability issues
- Pioneering State Resource Centre for people with disabilities in Chennai
- Vietnam to introduce disabled-friendly mass public transport system
- Seven disabled-friendly foot-over bridges to come up in Delhi: N.D.M.C.
- Kanpur Teenager invents a device to allow drivers to ride two-wheelers by using only legs
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: