Volume 2 Issue 19 - October 01, 2004
UP government to help disabled people become self-employed
DNIS News Network - The UP Chief Minister announces the launch of a special self-employment scheme for disabled people.
The Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh (UP), Mulayam Singh Yadav has announced the launch of a special self-employment scheme for disabled people, gifting them a Mobile PCO-cum-grocery store. The presentations will be made on December 3, World Disability Day.
Drafted on the patterns of Delhi government's scheme, the UP government has also cleared a scheme under which physically disabled people would be given a specially-designed convertible tricycle, equipped not only with WLL phones but also with racks for selling bread, butter, eggs and daily use domestic items.
Yadav said that in order to cover all unemployed people with disabilities in the state the special employment scheme would be extended to other districts after being launched in Lucknow. The state government also plans to provide cheaper loans for self-employment of young people with disabilities.
In addition to this, it has also initiated a policy decision to merge funds from other departments for the welfare and rehabilitation of disabled people. A government order has also been issued for backward, minority and SC/ST welfare departments to earmark 5 per cent of total funds for disabled.
Besides this, the state has decided to set-up a three-member techno-advisory committee for the disabled (TACD). The committee would update the government on latest gadgets, software, and medical facilities for disabled students. Talks are on with the big corporate houses such as Reliance Infocom and Tata Indicom for financial and technical support.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Draft Mental Health Care Bill
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
New Disability Law
- Mumbai election officials ignore disabled voters
- Dharna moves Election Commission to action
- Progress on issue of Braille for visually impaired voters
- Seminar promotes inclusive education
- Devendra bags Paralympic Gold
- NCPEDP launches 6th annual Shell-Helen Keller Awards
- Disabled cricketers have a gala time in Delhi
- New sign language connects
- UP government to help disabled people become self-employed
- Dance and drama competition for disabled children
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: