Volume 3 Issue 19 - October 01, 2005
C.I.I. ties up with N.C.P.E.D.P. to enhance awareness on employment for persons with disabilities
D.N.I.S. New Network - Even as the disability sector frantically lobbies for the participation of people with disabilities in the private sector, in a positive development the Confederation of Indian Industry (C.I.I.) has devoted two pages in its industry newsletter, Communique, for highlighting disabilities issues.
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People (N.C.P.E.D.P.) has been asked by C.I.I. to provide content for these two pages, including a section on displaying names of a professionally qualified disabled candidates who are seeking employment in the industry. The first issue after this tie-up came out ion September.
The pages will carry success stories of enterprises that employ a substantial number of persons with disabilities and also interviews of individuals who have excelled in their professional fields.
The featured articles and interview will aim to sensitise corporates by experience sharing of employing disabled people, access issues, etc. A list of skilled disabled people seeking employment will also be featured for the benefit of employers interested in recruiting people with disability.
It has been 10 years since the passage of The Disability Act 1995, but the employment scenario for people with disabilities remain grim. A study conducted by N.C.P.E.D.P. revealed that the overall percentage of employees with disability was only 0.4% with 0.54% in the public sector, 0.28% in the private sector and 0.05% in Multi-National Companies.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
- Concept Note (76 KB)
- Nomination Form - Corporates / Organisations (78 KB)
- Nomination Form Individual (80 KB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (11.4 MB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awards 2012
New Disability Law
- National Consultation on National Disability Policy brings out unrepresentative framing process
- C.B.S.H.O.D. concludes with Islamabad Declaration to give a boost to disability rights movement
- Delhi H.C. issues notices to Government of India, Ministries concerned on issue of access
- N.C.P.E.D.P. calls for nominations for Shell Helen Keller Awards
- M.H.R.D. releases revised Action Plan on Inclusive Education for Children & Youth with Disabilities
- Delhi H.C. asks D.U. College to grant admission to a disabled student
- Wheelchair using siblings denied entry to a Delhi cinema hall
- C.I.I. ties up with N.C.P.E.D.P. to enhance awareness on employment for persons with disabilities
- Punjab H.C. seeks details on undertrials in mental institutions
- Centre to extend financial assistance to organisations providing services to persons with diabilties
- India on its way to total eradication of polio: Global Polio Eradication Initiative
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: