Volume 4 Issue 2 - January 15, 2006
N.F.B. stages protest rally in the National Capital demanding to meet P.M.
D.N.I.S. News Network - In the continuing agitation on a charter of demands, including fulfilment of quota reserved in the Government jobs, the National Federation of the Blind took out a protest rally from Jantar Mantar in the National Capital recently.
Federation’s General Secretary S.K. Rungta led the protestors towards Parliament Street where they were stopped by Police. Following this they staged a sit-in on the road.
The protestors wanted to meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to present the charter of demands. Rungta claimed that he has wanted to meet the Prime Minister for over two years now but the opportunity is being denied to him and his delegation.
Because of this official apathy, the Federation members have been sitting on a dharna at Jantar Mantar, and have threatened to continue the stir indefinitely till they are allowed to meet the Prime Minister.
The Federation is also seeking an assurance that a bill to amend the Persons with Disabilities Act, 1995, should be introduced in the next session of Parliament and reservation for the disabled in the private sector should be extended.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Government of India to make access features mandatory for state & inter-state buses
- Delhi High Court admits petition on non-implementation of Disability Act
- Another path-breaking judgement by the Delhi High Court
- Delhi Transport Minister approves pilot project for disabled-friendly bus terminal
- H.C. issues notices to Centre and U.P.S.C. on discriminatory norms for disabled category candidates
- Training syllabus for I.A.S. officers to include crosscutting perspective on disability
- India’s visually impaired highlight Government’s apathy on World Braille Day
- S.C. awards compensation to an undertrial who spent over 50 years in a mental asylum
- Orthopaedically disabled Haryana State employees to receive higher special allowance
- Why are there no disabled-friendly cars on Indian roads? Asks National Human Rights Commission
- Tamil Nadu district representatives discuss on State-level Convention of Disabled People
- N.F.B. stages protest rally in the National Capital demanding to meet P.M.
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: