Volume 4 Issue 2 - January 15, 2006
Tamil Nadu district representatives discuss on State-level Convention of Disabled People
D.N.I.S. News Network- A meeting of district representatives of disabled people and their associations was held in Chennai recently to discuss modalities for holding a State-level Convention of Disabled People in Tamil Nadu.
The President of the Federation of Tamil Nadu Handicapped Associations, G. Chidambaranathan, said that the Convention is needed to highlight the needs and problems of 1.8 million disabled people in the State.
He briefed the participants about the deliberations held so far on hosting of the Convention and informed them about the strategy to approach the State Government on issues concerning disabled people. He also shared the details of the eight-demand charter presented to the Government.
Chidambaranathan also assured that a Joint Forum Committee would be formed after the Convention. He urged over 300 participants from all over the State to garner all possible support and resources for successful hosting of the Convention, which is expected to draw over 20,000 disabled people.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Government of India to make access features mandatory for state & inter-state buses
- Delhi High Court admits petition on non-implementation of Disability Act
- Another path-breaking judgement by the Delhi High Court
- Delhi Transport Minister approves pilot project for disabled-friendly bus terminal
- H.C. issues notices to Centre and U.P.S.C. on discriminatory norms for disabled category candidates
- Training syllabus for I.A.S. officers to include crosscutting perspective on disability
- India’s visually impaired highlight Government’s apathy on World Braille Day
- S.C. awards compensation to an undertrial who spent over 50 years in a mental asylum
- Orthopaedically disabled Haryana State employees to receive higher special allowance
- Why are there no disabled-friendly cars on Indian roads? Asks National Human Rights Commission
- Tamil Nadu district representatives discuss on State-level Convention of Disabled People
- N.F.B. stages protest rally in the National Capital demanding to meet P.M.
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: