Volume 6 Issue 2 - July 01, 2009
C.D.P.F. Executive Committee workshop in Uganda
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: The Commonwealth Disabled Peoples’ Forum (C.D.P.F.) had its Executive Committee workshop in Kampala, Uganda from 14th to 18th June.
In the 5 day long workshop, the members called upon all the 40 Commonwealth countries that are yet to ratify the U.N.C.R.P.D. to implement it without delay. The Executive Committee urged representative organizations in those countries to vigorously lobby their governments to ratify and implement the Convention. It also urged countries like India who have ratified the Convention but are yet to adopt the Optional Protocol to reconsider their position.
The Executive Committee commended Australia for adopting a development cooperation policy which, for the first time focuses on disability and encouraged other countries to consider adopting policies on similar lines. It also urged all Commonwealth countries to involve disabled people and their representative organizations in the implementation and monitoring of the Convention.
C.D.P.F. was formed in London in March 2008 with a view to provide one voice for people from all Commonwealth countries to advocate for promotion and equalization of opportunities for all disabled people and to provide a link between disabled peoples’ organizations in Commonwealth countries and the political structures. It may be mentioned that the registered office of C.D.P.F. is being set up in India.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- MSJE urges Finance Minister to “keep people with disability in mind”
- Ministerial faux pas – D. Napoleon lets slip his ignorance on disability issues
- N.A.S.S.C.O.M. to set up accessibility forum
- Barrier free constructions in the next three years
- 99.8 percent disabled students do not make it to Class XII
- C.D.P.F. Executive Committee workshop in Uganda
- Core Group on Health to look into disability certificates
- ‘Readable’ to be launched soon
- Semi low floor buses not disabled friendly
- Visually impaired person treks to Beas Kund
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: