Volume 7 Issue 2 - January 15, 2010
18 individuals to be conferred ‘I.B.N.7 and Bajaj Allianz Super Idols’ award
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: 18 ‘Super Idols’ will converge in Mumbai on January 19 from different parts of the country. A mix of disabled and non-disabled individuals working in their own respective fields to ensure equal rights and equal opportunities for people with disabilities, they have left an indelible mark on the Indian disability sector. They will be honoured in an awards ceremony by channel, I.B.N.7.
I.B.N.7 and Bajaj Allianz in partnership with Dainik Bhaskar will present the ‘I.B.N.7 Bajaj Allianz Super Idols’. It is a first of its kind initiative by a media organization. Since January 3, I.B.N.7 has been telecasting stories of these idols under various categories in special half an hour shows every Sunday at 10 p.m. This continues till January 24 and the grand finale will be telecast on January 26, at 7 p.m.
As part of this initiative, I.B.N.7 is also conducting a panel discussion on different facets of disability. For instance, the facilities available for them, the hurdles they face, empowering them, their contribution to the country, etc.
Speaking on the initiative, Ashutosh, Managing Editor, I.B.N.7 said, “Through this initiative, I.B.N.7 aims to recognize these inspirational brave hearts that have never let their disability become their inability to give their best. This initiative also appreciates the contributions of those selfless individuals who have fought for the rights of their disabled brethren and proved to be the wind beneath their wings.”
Rajdeep Sardesai, Editor-in-Chief, I.B.N.18 said on the occasion, “‘I.B.N.7 Bajaj Allianz Super Idols’ is an initiative that will acknowledge and felicitate individuals who have excelled in their career by overcoming the challenges of their lives. We at I.B.N.18 Network salute the spirit and courage shown by these individuals and hope to bring forth more such talents by providing them a unique platform like ‘Super Idols’ that will help them to set an example for others to follow.”
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
New Disability Law
- "D.P.O.s will have to play a central role in lobby and advocacy work for implementation of U.N.C.R.P.D.," Peter Rothe Schultz
- Proposed amendments to Disability Act upsets N.G.O.s
- Private sector backs draft Policy on Electronic Accessibility
- Additional Secretary, Ministry of Urban Development positive on revised access guidelines of N.B.C.
- Unleashing the Power of Assistive Technology at Techshare India 2010
- M.S.J.E. leads by example. Launches central ministry’s first accessible website
- Website on Indian Sign Language launched
- Union Government announces awards for websites having best accessibility features
- Aamir Khan supports Inclusive Education
- Brinda Karat voices out disability sector’s plight in Rajya Sabha
- Series of deaths at Asha Kiran
- 18 individuals to be conferred ‘I.B.N.7 and Bajaj Allianz Super Idols’ award
- Rights group from Manipur demands disability sector’s long pending dues
- Special recruitment drive to fill up backlog
- Web portal on disability writing
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: