Volume 7 Issue 2 - January 15, 2010
Additional Secretary, Ministry of Urban Development positive on revised access guidelines of N.B.C.
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: The Ministry of Urban Development finally seems to be moving in the right direction. In a meeting with Javed Abidi, Honorary Director, National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People (N.C.P.E.D.P.) on January 6, Additional Secretary, R.C. Mishra assured that the Ministry would consider seriously the proposed revisions to the Access Guidelines of the National Building Code (N.B.C.), as prepared by N.C.P.E.D.P. and AccessAbility.
It may be mentioned that the Ministry had earlier proposed to harmonise the access guidelines of Central Public Works Department (C.P.W.D.), Chief Commissioner for People with Disabilities (C.C.P.D.) and N.B.C., an exercise that N.C.P.E.D.P. and AccessAbility have already undertaken. After a meeting with Jaipal Reddy, Minister for Urban Development, officials of the Ministry are now looking at the matter afresh.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
- Concept Note (76 KB)
- Nomination Form - Corporates / Organisations (78 KB)
- Nomination Form – Individual (80 KB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (11.4 MB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awards 2012
New Disability Law
- "D.P.O.s will have to play a central role in lobby and advocacy work for implementation of U.N.C.R.P.D.," Peter Rothe Schultz
- Proposed amendments to Disability Act upsets N.G.O.s
- Private sector backs draft Policy on Electronic Accessibility
- Additional Secretary, Ministry of Urban Development positive on revised access guidelines of N.B.C.
- Unleashing the Power of Assistive Technology at Techshare India 2010
- M.S.J.E. leads by example. Launches central ministry’s first accessible website
- Website on Indian Sign Language launched
- Union Government announces awards for websites having best accessibility features
- Aamir Khan supports Inclusive Education
- Brinda Karat voices out disability sector’s plight in Rajya Sabha
- Series of deaths at Asha Kiran
- 18 individuals to be conferred ‘I.B.N.7 and Bajaj Allianz Super Idols’ award
- Rights group from Manipur demands disability sector’s long pending dues
- Special recruitment drive to fill up backlog
- Web portal on disability writing
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: