Volume 7 Issue 2 - January 15, 2010
Private sector backs draft Policy on Electronic Accessibility
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: The Manufacturers Association for Information Technology (M.A.I.T.) along with other major private sector players like Microsoft is backing the draft National Policy on Electronic Accessibility. In a meeting of the Expert Group on January 5, convened by the Ministry of Information Technology, all members unanimously supported the need for such a policy.
A Drafting Committee was constituted with Dr. Govind, Senior Director, Department of Information Technology; Dr. S.K. Aggarwal, Director, Department of Information Technology; Vinnie Mehta, Executive Director, M.A.I.T.; Deepak Maheshwari, Director, Microsoft; Javed Abidi, Honorary Director, N.C.P.E.D.P.; Shilpi Kapoor, Managing Director, BarrierBreak Technologies; and Nirmita Narasimhan of Centre for Internet and Society as members. The Drafting Committee will now meet on January 15 and make certain revisions to the draft policy, as advised by the larger Expert Group.
The revised draft Policy will then be placed in the public domain.
The Expert Group meeting was also attended by Neeta Verma, Senior Technical Director, N.I.C.; Sagarika Bose, Vice President, N.A.S.S.C.O.M. Foundation; Dr. K. Jawaharlal, Deputy Director, C.I.I.; Nasir Jamal, Deputy Director, A.S.S.O.C.H.A.M.; and representatives from F.I.C.C.I.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- "D.P.O.s will have to play a central role in lobby and advocacy work for implementation of U.N.C.R.P.D.," Peter Rothe Schultz
- Proposed amendments to Disability Act upsets N.G.O.s
- Private sector backs draft Policy on Electronic Accessibility
- Additional Secretary, Ministry of Urban Development positive on revised access guidelines of N.B.C.
- Unleashing the Power of Assistive Technology at Techshare India 2010
- M.S.J.E. leads by example. Launches central ministry’s first accessible website
- Website on Indian Sign Language launched
- Union Government announces awards for websites having best accessibility features
- Aamir Khan supports Inclusive Education
- Brinda Karat voices out disability sector’s plight in Rajya Sabha
- Series of deaths at Asha Kiran
- 18 individuals to be conferred ‘I.B.N.7 and Bajaj Allianz Super Idols’ award
- Rights group from Manipur demands disability sector’s long pending dues
- Special recruitment drive to fill up backlog
- Web portal on disability writing
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: